When you purchase or replace a vehicle, Clearcover extends insurance coverage to that vehicle at the same coverage level of your current policy for the following 30 days.
Note: If your new or replacement vehicle is financed, then you will want to check with your lienholder to ensure that your current vehicle's coverage levels meet your lienholder's requirements for the new vehicle.
How you add a vehicle to your policy depends on where you live.
Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, & Virginia Customers
If you live in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, or Virginia, here is how to add a vehicle to your policy:
- Open the Clearcover app on your mobile phone.
- In the bottom menu, tap Policy.
- Tap Add New Vehicle.
- Enter the required information about your vehicle.
- If you pay monthly, tap Update Policy. You don't owe anything immediately, because we will charge the change in premium costs over the remaining months of your policy.
- If you purchased your policy in full, tap Complete Payment, review your payment details, and then tap Submit Payment. Clearcover will charge you the difference in cost between your current premium and your premium with the added vehicle.
For All Other States
If you live in California, Texas, Illinois, Arizona, Utah, Ohio, Wisconsin, Louisiana, or Oklahoma, do one of the following to add a vehicle to your policy:
- chat us within the Clearcover app
- email us the information below at email@example.com
- call us at 855-444-1875
Before you add a vehicle via the app or a Customer Advocate, you'll want to collect the following information:
- the vehicle's make and model
- the vehicle's VIN number
- the lienholder's name and address, if the vehicle is financed
All registered owners who have an interest in the vehicle must be added to an insurance policy with no exceptions. However, we cannot add anyone who is registered on the vehicle and does not have a valid U.S. license, including permitted, unlicensed, and international drivers. If a driver can't be added to the policy with the vehicle, then we cannot add the vehicle.