If you drive for a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft, then you can add Clearcover's Rideshare endorsement to extend coverage during Period 1 driving. Here is how ridesharing driving periods are defined:
- Period 1 — The rideshare app is turned on, but you have not yet accepted a ride.
- Period 2 — You have accepted a ride and are on your way to pick up a rider.
- Period 3 — The rider is in your vehicle.
Ridesharing companies generally extend coverage to your vehicle while you are driving Periods 2 and 3, but we encourage you to verify this with them.
Clearcover considers ridesharing to be the transportation of one or more people from one point to another through an online-enabled application or platform of a transportation network company.
Important: Clearcover does not extend coverage for the delivery of food or items, which means that our rideshare endorsement does not cover UberEats, Grubhub, DoorDash, Postmates, Instacart, or any other delivery driving service.
To add the rideshare endorsement to your Clearcover policy, please contact us.
Our team of Customer Advocates is available to help you over the phone at the number 855-444-1875 or chat during the following times:
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-7:00 PM CT
- Saturday-Sunday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM CT
Get the app today.